I’ve been a horrible blogger yet again so let me catch you up on what’s been going on lately.
1. I took a trip down to Alabama to surprise one of my best friends for her birthday (also, 4th of July). I flew into Birmingham and we hung out at Oak Mountain State Park on the 4th. Then had our own fireworks show in the street.
The next morning we drove down to Gulf Shores to stay on the beach for a few days. We had such a blast!!
We cuddled in bed while it rained.
We bought ridiculous neon trucker hats with our names on them. Apparently we think we are in high school again.
We carried around matching neon beach bags that I made everyone. You know, to match our ridiculous neon hats.
H and I did a little damage at the outlet malls on our way back to Birmingham. Gotta love the Coach outlet store. (excuse the horrible picture of me)
All in all it was a fabulous trip and I had so much fun with my besties! Can’t wait to go back in October for my birthday!
2. I attended an event hosted by SkinnyCow with one of my co-workers. It was a Dirty Dancing movie screening event where we got to eat free ice-cream. We also got free “swag bags” after the event full of goodies. I forgot how much I loved that movie! I also forgot how much I loved SkinnyCow ice-cream. If you’ve never had one of their bars or ice-cream sandwiches you are missing out. Low in calories and ohhh, sooo yummy!
3. I became a vegetarian. More on that in the coming weeks as I get used to it. 🙂
4. I also attempted to run the Beach Dash the weekend after I got back from Alabama. Worst. Decision. Ever. Let me just start off by saying that I didn’t really prepare for this. It’s a 5K with obstacles. Really tall obstacles where you are not latched on to anything. If you fall, you die (well, probably not, but it would definitely hurt). I could barely get myself over some of these obstacles. We’re talking like 15-20 ft tall walls to climb…then you basically slide down the other side. And I’m scared of heights. Awesome. I think it took me a good two minutes to convince myself to climb down the last one.
Here are the boys all geared up and ready to run!
I also learned my lesson to never run with shoes that aren’t made for long distance running. I didn’t want to ruin my good running shoes since we were running through wet sand and water, etc so I wore Nike Shox. By the end of the race I could barely walk in them because I had created the biggest blisters.
I am running the Color Run (another 5K) this weekend so hopefully I do better in that one. Going to wear my actual running shoes this time.
5. I volunteered for my first Bright Pink event! It was a high tea charity event and it was super fun. I don’t have any pictures from it, but I did meet some really great new ladies. I can’t wait to volunteer for another one soon!
6. I went to the Taste of Chicago and saw a free Dierks Bentley concert. We didn’t last too long because it was super hot outside.
7. Evan and I went on a little shopping spree for home stuff this past weekend. Can’t wait to take pictures and update you all on our new stuff. Our apartment is finally looking a little more put together. Here is one thing we bought. Yep, and that’s only 1 of the 4 plants we bought. Let’s hope I don’t kill them all.
And again, I promise to not go so long without blogging. I do miss it terribly when I don’t. I’ll be back on Friday for my favorite link-up too!