Filed In: fitness + health
For the third year in a row Team MammerJammers participated in the Indianapolis Race for the Cure (year 1 here, year 2 here). The weather was horrible (again) and it seemed to scare quite a few of our team members from coming. Although it was freezing (in the 30s), we still had lots of fun. Can’t wait until next year! Oh, and next year I will be a much better team captain and order some custom t-shirts! Maybe I should start now…
Danni did it!! She is the Biggest Loser, and she looks incredible. Overall weight loss of 121 lbs (46.9% of her previous body weight) – even after gaining 19+ lbs of pure muscle might I add. She went from a size 20 to a size 4. This girl is just simply amazing and has definitely been part of my inspiration to get my butt to the gym!
For some reason I’ve never really gotten into the show The Biggest Loser until this season. I don’t really know why I started to watch this season, but I’m so glad I did. I just find it so inspiring and motivating! Makes me want to get up and work out with them. Here are my top 3 contestants that I want to win (ranked in order).
1. Danni: A fellow Chicagoan in advertising, what’s not to love? She has always been my favorite and continues to kick ass every single week. Danni has always worked her butt off and it shows. She’s the kindest, most giving person on the show as well. She really seems like someone I would be good friends with in real life. Even if she doesn’t win (although I really really want her to!) I think she looks amazing and should be extremely proud of herself.
2. Jackson: Another contestant that has been kicking ass since the beginning. It hasn’t always been easy for him but he stuck it out. He is always trying his hardest, and I just love how sweet of a person he is as well. I fell in love with him the week the trainers weren’t there. He stepped in as the team leader and really proved himself that week. Overall I think he has really transformed himself mentally and obviously physically.
3. Jeff: To be quite honest I wasn’t a huge fan of Jeff at the beginning of the season. I thought he had a bad attitude and didn’t really “want it” like every one. He seemed like he was doing just enough to get by…but who knows. Maybe they edited it to make it seem that way. Anyway, he has really grown on me. I think he may have had a turning point when Jillian sat down and talked with him one-on-one. I also really like the fact that he is romantically involved with another contestant that already went home (Francelina). They are so cute together!
I can’t wait to watch next week’s episode. Do you watch the show? Who is/are your favorite(s)?
I know I’m a little late on posting my New Year’s goals but better late than never. Here’s to a great 2013 and challenging myself even more than 2012!
1. Live a healthier lifestyle.
– Eat out less often and absolutely no fast food
– No soda, less alcohol, more water
– Eat cleaner (no processed foods, less added sugars, less sodium, etc)
– Work-out at least 3x a week (lift weights at least once)
– Take vitamins daily
2. Learn to eat a more balanced vegetarian diet (or pescatarian, I guess).
– Research, research, research – like read this entire site for example
– Cut down on the carb intake (this is a huge one for me)
– Make sure I’m getting enough protein in every meal
– Log every meal in MyFitnessPal to track everything
3. Be “money healthy”.
– Create and stick to a monthly shopping budget (for entertainment, clothes, etc.)
– Save at least 5 figures this year
– Do more research on my student loans (consolidation?, etc)
– Put any extra income directly into savings (bonuses, tax return, etc)
– Purchase only items I “need”, and save the “wants” for when I hit my weight loss goals
4. Check off everything on this list!
– Go to the dentist
– Get my teeth bleached
– Buy new glasses
– Read 20 books
– Take a photography class (or two or three)
– Do a few more shoots of friends/family to start a portfolio
– Refinish/repaint all of the living room furniture (coffee table, entertainment stand, and sofa table)
– Try to sell some items on Craigslist or Ebay (once-worn shoes, nice coats, etc)