Oh, how I love Summer Fridays. Here is what I’ll be up to this weekend. Linking up with Lauren at From My Grey Desk for High Five for Friday!
1. Lounging around by the lake! I’ll be back in Indiana all weekend and staying at Evan’s mom’s house. She just so happens to live on a little peaceful lake, and I can’t wait to lay-out and relax.
2. Watching the Olympics! I don’t know about you, but I love the Olympics. Especially the women’s sports (ha, guess I’m biased) – soccer, gymnastics, swimming, track & field (short distances) and volleyball are my favorites. Also, how awful is that London logo? I think a 5-year-old could’ve come up with that clip-art looking logo. Go Team USA!!
3. Running in the Color Run – Indy! I’ve heard that this race is so much fun. Much more fun than my first 5k this summer. No bueno! I’m sure I will post pictures after the race on my Instagram so be sure to check out all the colored fun.
4. Finishing my book! I’m reading Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner, and I can’t put it down. I can’t wait to see what happens so I’m sure I’ll finish it this weekend. I want to read Jennifer’s new book called The Next Best Thing.
5. Getting some fresh highlights! What girl doesn’t love some fresh blonde highlights for the Summer? Obviously that picture is not me (wish my hair looked half that awesome) but I love her haircut. The layers in the front at my favorite.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a fabulous weekend everyone!!
It’s Friday, and I could not be happier! I have lots of fun things planned for this weekend. In fact, I’m sharing five things as a part of High Five for Friday (linking up here).
1. Pump Room for dinner & drinks tonight for a girlfriend’s birthday
Supposedly it’s the hip place to go in Chicago right now. I had actually never heard of it until a couple of days ago. I’m super pumped to try it out (and yes, cheeeesy pun). The decor looks fun too! I even bought a cute new dress to wear.
2. Beachin’ it on Saturday
I’ve only been to the beach (and by beach I mean the Lake Michigan beach, so it’s not real per se) once this year, and that is not okay. I can’t wait to take a wonderful nap under the sun. Although I have do a better job of applying sunscreen this weekend. I cannot end up like a lobster like I did after the Indy 500. Ooops!
3. Old Town Art Fair
I’ve never been before, but I cannot wait to check out all the artwork. Evan and I definitely need some artwork for the apartment so maybe I’ll find something that stands out. The picture above is from a few years ago, but I really like that red and orange painting in the middle.
4. Wrigleyville Fun
I live right behind the bars in Wrigleyville (they are literally behind my apartment) so I guess you could say I am there all the time. But this weekend we are going out to celebrate a girldfriend’s birthday (the same one from above). I haven’t been out to a bar in awhile so I’m excited. I’ve been trying to take it easy on the alcohol lately, but after last weekend’s beer margaritas I think I might have to make them again. They were so delicious! I got the recipe from here. I’m warning you now – they are very, very strong.
5. Chill and Grill Festival
The company I work for (well BHG is actually only part of Meredith) is co-hosting (along with Weber Grill) a festival in Waveland Park called the Better Homes & Gardens Chill and Grill. There will be food and beer tastings from some of the top restaurants in the city (Chicago Cut Steakhouse, GT Fish & Oyster, Black Dog Gelato just to name a few). They are going to have grilling demonstrations (Evan is excited for those) and music too. If you live in Chicago I would definitely recommend checking it (open Saturday and Sunday).
Going to be a fun weekend! What are you all up to this weekend? Happy Friday!!